Mother’s Day. Preparations for the ”holiday” replete with food, flowers, chocolates, garden gifts and maybe a renewal of vows are in full throttle! No soy madre, but I sure do adore mine to pieces and sometimes wish I could adopt one of my nieces. She’s the sweetest, most gracious 9-year old I’ve ever loved. But she has a mother of her own that won’t share her with me as much as I’d like. I get it. She carried her in her belly for 9 months and deserves all the pleasures of having a darling daughter.
Same goes for my Mami! I wish you could meet her! That lady there is one class act. More on her tomorrow (wink, wink), but for now, I’m thinking of what madres represent and just how freakin’ awesome they are (at least should be!). Mother’s Day is this Sunday and we relish in making the day all about them and their fabulousness. It’s a day to celebrate their strength, wisdom, selflessness, love, affection and candor. At least mi Mami. She bites her tongue for nothing or no one.
Don’t you think all those qualities deserve to be rewarded? With material things? I say so!
I’ve found some gifts and toys every age mother would love to open up and know it was specially selected for her. Do consider that these are for the cooking woman… I’m not suggesting that woman need to be in the kitchen cooking. But for those of you that have food-loving, skilled and home cooks in your life, I find these to be so appropriate.
I’m single and I love them for myself… truth be told.
Clockwise from top to bottom, here are some yummy and timeless goodies for your mom, wife, sister or daughter, assuming they’re Mami’s, to enjoy! What’s better? I found most of them on the fabulous and uberly chic design site Joss & Main, where most of their specialty items are nicely discounted! Hurry & Buy!
1. The obiquitous & most necessary KitchenAid mixer. In my fave color, too! $250-$390 William & Sonoma.
2. Smart Space Triple Wall Mount Dispenser, in which I’d fill with nada but mas café $32.95 Joss & Main.
3. Chalkboard Tea Pot, $17.95 Joss & Main.
4. A wine fridge is never out of style and always so chic! Perfect for the winer lover and ultimate entertainer. (prices range)
5. An herb planter for the kitchen makes cooking much more delicious. Just clip and go forth. DIY.
6. 12 Piece Yedi Cup and Saucer Set, $34.95 Joss & Main
7. Incred ‘a Brew Gravity Drip Coffee Infuser Cup by Zevro, 18.95 Joss & Main.
* This post is not sponsored by Joss & Main or any of the other vendors or brands suggested and listed in my guide. All opinions are my own and I simply wanted to share some things I love!