It’s that time of year where we’re all losing our minds fighting for parking spaces, bearing long lines, and inventory being quickly diminished. Before we even get to that point, how about most of us struggle trying to decide on that perfect gift for all the snoots, friends and family on your list!
I go through this every year and always wait until the 24th to go shopping. No lie. It’s pure torture. It’s the worst feeling and experience ever. I generally work really well under pressure but when it comes to hand-picking personal gifts that speak to my circels’ taste, I go nuts. I need to walk and sip at the same time to keep me sane. Otherwise I’ll just give up!
So, I got hip to making life simpler during the most stressful time of the year (though it’s the loveliest, coziest, prettiest and most dreamy) and started doing some serious on-line scouting for goodies. The advent of e-commerce is a beautiful thing. A life saver, really. It’s almost gotten to the point where I’d rather just do all my shopping on-line and not even bother with the can-be nasty crowds of impatient and gawky shoppers.
But, I don’t start early enough. Just as in-person shopping, I wait until the last minute to figure out the right things when I go on these night-long virtual shopping excursions. Although we’re exactly 10 days away, I think there’s still some just don’t give myself enough time for shipping. And you, too!
So, here we are. These are things that I’d totally buy and just might click and add to shopping cart for the foodies on my list. I’m hoping it’ll help you, too, cuz goodness gracious, it took me several hours browsing and putting this collage together!
HAPPY SHOPPING, LOVELIES!
1. I’ve secretly been making the transition from espresso overdose to tea overdose. I’m addicted, what can I say. I sip about 3 times a day. And I love it. I have 9 espresso makers so why not start adding tea pots to the collection!? This one is absolutely gorg and is perfect for that person that loves tea. The color and pattern is stunning and will keep you warm by just looking at it. Hues & Brew tea for one. (*this company is a wholesaler and does not sell to the general public but I’m sure you can figure out a way to order!)
2. I originally saw these on Design * Sponge and bookmarked them. I love all things wood accessories for the home. Just yesterday I went to Home Depot and picked up scraps from fur trees to decorate my house. I found great wood stumps that I’ll be sanding down and modifying into coasters and candle holders. These are just too cute in their organic form. Shop Terrain wood coaters. $20 for four.
3. This doesn’t need much explanation or pitching. I still love and have an obsession with espresso and so do a lot of my friends. It’s the perfect addiction to have. So, this is the perfect gift for the junkie! Nespresso Espresso Maker. Sur La Table, $249.
4. I’m a B. I love bees, though not more than owls. And since I go through a gallon of honey in about 3 weeks, a cute little honey holder makes sense to own. Bee Honey Holder. Amazon, $35.
5. Pretty linens and napkins are essential for a lovely dinner or soirée. These made the cut because of the abstract pattern. Great color, too. Marimekko Gold Napkin Set. Crate & Barrel, $7.95.
6. I travel quite a bit so you know this spoke volumes to me! I might just treat myself to it! I’m sure there are globetrotters in your life that would love to pour their favorite wine out of this lovely crystal decantur. It’s sure to transport them any where in the world until their next trip. Etched Globe Spirits Decantur. Amazon, $49.95.
7. For the baker that loves colorful bakeware, these ramekins belong in their kitchen. Another thing I need to seriously consider acquiring. Not that I don’t have enough ramekins already. Le Creuset Lime Ramekins. Ebay, $38 for set of 4.
8. Too cute for words. Will be a great table conversation piece! Bee Salt & Pepper Shakers. Amazon, $19.99.
9. Every home cook and even amateur needs a great cutting board. This one is hand-made with great woods by a designer based out of North Carolina. I’d like to own one, too. Maple Wood & Cherry Cutting Board. Etsy, $38.
10. A cookbook after my own heart. I do have this delicious book in mi cocina and have made a few recipes I’ve put in queue to share with you here on Flanboyant Eats. Any Latin lover will kiss you for this gift. Dulce, a Latin-American Dessert cookbook. Amazon, $19.77.
11. My friend put me on to this festive collection of martini glasses and spirits serveware. Aren’t they just so adorable? And, extremely affordable. Red Double Swirl Glassware. Pier 1 Imports, $6/each.
12. Chips and dip are the quentessential party delight. I love this au natural one with the ceramic bowl for your delicious salsas. Get one for yourself, too while you’re at it. Rattan Chip & Dip. Pier 1 Imports, $25.
WHAT IS A MUST BUY FOR YOUR LIST?!
*a local Atlanta and Washington D.C. guide is up next!